The skid builder is responsible for constructing skids to the size of the material a customer needs so it can be moved, packed, and shipped.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES:
- Construct skids the size of the material that will be place on that particular skid. Some may have to be built in unusual shapes and sizes.
- Cover product with packing material.
- Secure bottom of box or crate to prevent shifting or breakage.
- Secure covers with nails, wires, or bands.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses, Registration:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to read work instructions
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with other people.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work in standing/walking position in excess of eight hours a day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach.
- Demonstrate good eye/hand coordination.
- Perform repetitive motions for eight hours of a day.
Work Environment:Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, noise, temperature and other elements in the shop area.