Start out as a temporary worker for the 1st 90 days. Show us what you can do !
If able to demonstrate proficiency as a Material Handler, positive attitude and a reliable attendance record then you’ll get hired as a regular fulltime employee, get a raise and benefits and be able to enjoy working for an excellent company that rewards its employees for their contributions.
- 1st shift opening
The Material Handler is responsible for moving materials with a propane towmotor to a location quickly while always adhering to safe practices and following the established safety policies. Will perform warehouse management duties using EZRF scanning equipment and packaging of products with horizontal packaging machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES:
- Ensure proper safety policies, procedures, and practices are being used.
- Monitor surroundings to make sure necessary safety precautions are being used as well as look for ways to prevent accidents from occurring.
- Secure the materials load when handling.
- Ensure the production lines have material they need to keep production moving in a continuous flow.
Use EZRF scanning equipment for warehouse management activities
Package products utilizing horizontal packaging equipment
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses, Registration:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of at least 6 months of tow motor experience (must be highly proficient and able to demonstrate proficiency with towmotor maneuverability skills)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be proficient in safely maneuvering tow motors.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must know and understand which materials need to be moved and delivered in order to keep production lines flowing smoothly.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong knowledge base of tow motors.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Demonstrate good eye/hand coordination.
- Perform repetitive motions for at least eight hours of a day.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, noise, temperature and other elements in the shop area.
ALPCO provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour