The position of the General Laborer must be able to perform multiple tasks on a given day. This incumbent performs general duties and fills in on any operation when needed. The general laborer for the most part takes care of wrapping skids and performing packaging duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES:
- Pack a variety of products in standard containers according to prescribed practices.
- Build boxes and/or crates as specified as well as skids. May build unusual sizes and shapes.
- Cover products with packing materials.
- Secure bottom of box or crate to prevent shifting or breakage.
- Secure covers with nails, wires, or bands.
- Operate machinery such as the shear machine and the roll form machine when needed.
- Scan and reprint tags.
- Band stacks of material as needed.
- Restock wood cart.
- Clean areas of debris and any scrap.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses, Registration:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Some experience in a manufacturing environment is preferable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be organized and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Proficient math skills are preferable.
- Must have general labor skills.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of scan guns.
- Must be able to work in standing/walking position in excess of eight hours a day.
- Demonstrate good eye/hand coordination.
- Perform repetitive motions for eight hours of a day.
- Must be able kneel, stoop, and crouch with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, noise, temperature and other elements in the shop area.
ALPCO provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.